Live Sound for Worship Intensive
presented by Sweetwater, July 26-27, 2024
Unleash the full potential of your worship services with our comprehensive two-day class on live sound for worship, presented by Sweetwater. Led by renowned worship sound experts Jeff Barnett and Kent Morris, this intensive class will equip your team with practical and valuable technical knowledge for creating exceptional worship experiences.
In today's worship environment, specialized skills and expertise are essential for achieving excellence in sound. From mastering microphone techniques and sound system connections to understanding room acoustics and monitor mixing strategies, our two-day class covers a wide range of topics to help you take your worship sound to the next level.
Here's what you'll learn:
Day One (07/26/24 2:00PM - 5:00PM)
• Why excellence matters: Understanding the importance of top-notch sound in worship services
• The Role of the audio engineer: Qualifications, duties, and best practices
• Sound system overview: Connections, cables, impedance, signal levels, and more
• Microphone basics: Condenser vs. dynamic microphones, polar patterns, and microphone techniques for vocals, choirs, pianos, and guitars/basses
• Wireless mics: Proper usage and basic user tips
Day Two (07/27/24 9:00AM-5:00PM)
• Tour of the mixer: Inputs/outputs, channel strip, aux sends, and master section
• Digital mixers: Pros and cons, architecture/layout considerations
• Acoustics: Understanding why acoustics matter, common problems in churches, acoustical design factors, testing, and treatment options
• Monitors: Types, mixing strategies, and common problems in church sound
• Stage volume: Solutions for reducing volume and preventing feedback
• Recording the service: Stereo and multitrack recording options
• Sound system care and maintenance: Proper storage, labeling, inspection, record-keeping, and insurance
• Building and caring for your team: Strategies for team development and management
This class will elevate your church sound and help your team create impactful worship experiences. Enroll now in our two-part Live Sound for Worship class presented by Sweetwater and invest in your team. Don't miss out, sign up today!
Register for the Live Sound Intensive
You can sign-up for the Sweetwater intensive by clicking the "Register Online" button below and purchase a Full-Conference registration with the intensive as an added session option OR by selecting the intensive as a separate registration (bottom of the page in the portal).
Worship Tech Speakers
Jeff Barnett is the Director of Worship Sales at Sweetwater. He has 25 years' experience in worship technology as a live sound and recording engineer, system designer, installer, educator, and musician. Jeff works with thousands of churches and worship artists from all over the world, including Jesus Culture, David Crowder, Shane & Shane, and many more. Jeff enjoys working in his home studio and singing with his a cappella group, Smooth Edge 2. Jeff and his wife Brit are proud parents of six kids and are still trying to figure out where the youngest one's left shoe is. (If you find the shoe, please let him know.)
Kent Morris is the Live Sound Market Manager for Sweetwater and a forty-year veteran of the live event arena. He has spent decades on the road with countless artists such as Paul Baloche and Israel Houghton. He’s overseen hundreds of AVL installations in every type of venue imaginable. An in-demand writer, Kent has penned thousands of industry articles for hundreds of print and online publications. He's the live sound engineer for In Touch Ministries where he mixes each week for First Baptist Atlanta (Dr. Charles Stanley). Kent and his wife Melani are based in Georgia and have two adult sons.